Send Document using Cabinet SHARE
Posted by Chris Kajano on 27 August 2014 08:13 AM
Note: SHARE is an optional, subscription based module offered by Cabinet. Enabling this module requires a SHARE license and configuration by an administrator.
Use the following steps to share a document from SAFE to a non-SAFE user.
1. From SAFE, search for or navigate to a document to share.
2. Right-click on the document and select "SHARE" from the menu. The "SHARE" window will appear.
3. Select the recipient from the left side of the window by checking the box next to his/her name. The list will only show contacts that have been previously added to the SHARE address book. For help adding contacts to the address book, see the Knowledgebase article Adding Contacts to SHARE.
4. Listed to the right of the SHARE window is the document(s) to be shared.
5. Optionally, add a note to the recipient at the bottom left of the window.
6. At the bottom right of the window, set an expiration based on a number of days ("Days Back"), or use a specific expiration date ("Expires On").
7. Click "SHARE". The "Status" will change to "Sending" and finally to "Complete". When the document has been successfully shared, the "SHARE" window will close.
The recipient will receive an email notification which includes a URL to the SHARE portal. He/She must login in using a username and password to view the shared document. The first time a document has been shared to a recipient, he/she will be provided with a username and temporary password.
eBizDocs is an award-winning digital asset management solutions provider. Services include: process consultation, software solutions, mass scanning, and scanner sales and service. With a strong commitment to quality and service, eBizDocs has been a center of excellence since its inception in 1999. eBizDocs serves both private and public sector organizations, and is a preferred source contractor for NYS entities. eBizDocs has received numerous honors and awards, which, paired with satisfied customers, fortifies its status as a dependable leader in the content management industry.
For technical support, please submit a ticket at https://support.ebizdocs.com.