Create a Separate Redacted Document in SAFE
Posted by Chris Kajano on 28 July 2015 04:52 PM
Is there a way to create a separate redacted copy of a document in SAFE?
Yes. In order to create a separate redacted copy of a document, you must first make a copy of the original document. Retitle the copied document, then redact as necessary. Use the following steps to create a separate redacted copy of a file in SAFE.
1. From SAFE navigate to the document you want to redact and select it.
2. Right click the selected document and click "Copy" from the document options menu.
3. Navigate to the tab where you want the redacted copy to reside.
4. Right click anywhere in the tab and select "Paste" from the document options menu.
5. Rename the newly created document to distinguish it from the original document.
A. Right Click the copy and select "Edit Description" from the document options menu. The Document Specifications window will appear.
B. Check the box labeled "Edit Document Manager" at the botton left corner of the Document Specifications window.
C. Click "OK" in the SAFE dialogue window.
D. Select the appropriate document manager from the left of the window.
E. Fill the document naming segments (index values) for the document and click "OK" to rename.
6. Open the copied document for edit, and make the necessary redactions.
7. Save and close the document.
eBizDocs is an award-winning digital asset management solutions provider. Services include: process consultation, software solutions, mass scanning, and scanner sales and service. With a strong commitment to quality and service, eBizDocs has been a center of excellence since its inception in 1999. eBizDocs serves both private and public sector organizations, and is a preferred source contractor for NYS entities. eBizDocs has received numerous honors and awards, which, paired with satisfied customers, fortifies its status as a dependable leader in the content management industry.
For technical support, please submit a ticket at https://support.ebizdocs.com.